Happy Aloha Friday! It’s finally the weekend which means more time for two of my favorite things, beach time and reading time. This weekend I’m extra excited because I just got some new books. Check ’em out.
1. The Writer’s Idea Thesaurus: An Interactive Guide for Developing Ideas for Novels and Short Stories by Fred White – Looking for new story ideas? This book is full of writing prompts and I’ve heard it really helps to get your creativity flowing.
2. Revision and Self-Editing for Publication: Techniques for Transforming Your First Draft into a Novel that Sells by James Scott Bell – I’m really excited about reading this book. I’ve finished the first draft of my novel and now the revision struggle has begun.This book promises to help transform your first draft into a finished manuscript. I’ll be posting a review as soon as I’m done so stay tuned for an update.
3. The Breakout Novelist: How to Craft Novels That Stand Out and Sell by Donald Maass – This book was recommended to me by a friend. It promises to give you the craft and business know-how you need to make your stories stand out.
3. Splintered: Splintered Series Book One by A. G. Howard – A dark, modern retelling of Alice in Wonderland. I’ll be honest, the cover was the first thing that caught my attention. It’s gorgeous!
4. Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey – This is the first book I remember reading as a child and I decided to buy it for old times’ sake. I remember going to the library and checking it out every week. I would sit and read it over and over again. I don’t even remember much about the book other than it was about blueberries and bears. It should be fun to revisit my beloved childhood tale.
What books have you recently purchased or read? Do you have any writing books that you enjoyed reading? Leave your recommendations in the comments below. I’m always on the lookout for new books.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my little book haul and that you have a great weekend! Gotta go, I hear the ocean calling my name.
Aloha ~ Cassie