With the month of November comes NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to finish a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. This year I’m a lot more prepared than I have been in the past. I’ve finished my story outline and developed my characters. My writing playlist is setup and my NaNo profile has been updated. I’m ready to go.
Here’s a NaNoWriMo tag by YouTuber, Kristina Horner to help get us all in the NaNo mode:
- How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? Twice. This will be my third year.
- How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo? I saw a blog post about it and I was like NaNo what now? I can’t remember what blog it was, but I’m glad I found it.
- What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo? Serena. I want the name of my novel to be a surprise when I’m ready to share the book. So, I just used the name of my main character as my title.
- Give us a one sentence summary of what you’re writing this year. After a traumatic night that ends in the death of her mother, seventeen-year-old Ruby seeks the truth about her past while running from a secret agency who is trying to kill her.
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Just keep writing. If you write one page a day that makes 365 pages in a year and that’s enough for a novel.
- Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Not since I’ve heard about it.
- What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write? Pictures. I’m a visual person and scrolling through pictures online always sparks inspiration for me.
- Read us the first sentence from one of your novels. When I open my eyes, the sun is directly overhead. – Serena
- Why do you love writing? I love that writing is limitless. I can build worlds and create characters however I desire. There’s something magical about the process of creating a story.
If you’re participating in NaNoWriMo this year and would like to share your answers to these questions consider yourself tagged. Also, don’t forget to share the link to your tag post so I can read your answers.
Aloha ~ Cassie